What impact does increasing international competition and the demand for bio energy have on prices for food products? What are the effects of climate change have on agricultural, forest and aquatic ecosystems? What processes would allow the non-food sector to use renewable resources in a more efficient manner? These questions give an impression of the broad of spectrum of #topics we work on. We conduct research for policy makers and the society.
- We provide political decision makers with scientifically-based decision-making aids on the basis of our own research results.
- We take a long-term approach to research and continually carry out monitoring activities. This allows us to obtain valuable statistical series. Moreover, we can call on professional expertise at any time.
- We represent German interests in international scientific commissions and bodies.
- Results of our work flow into guidelines and standards as well as into regulations and legislation.
- Our work contributes to securing the sustainable use of natural resources, serves economic development, and ensures the quality of life for our society.
Our research is targeted at developing concepts for a sustainable, ecologically viable, and competitive
- agriculture and food economy,
- forestry and wood economy,
- fisheries and aquaculture.
Another main focus is to help overcome the specific problems of the rural areas.
Our activities are based on the interdisciplinary application of