Applications are invited for a post-doctoral fellow in Cancer Immunology
at the Department of Biomedicine, University Hospital Basel.
The position is open starting from February 1st 2022 or upon agreement. Salaries are according to the SNF scale and depend on experience.
Our research is dedicated to delineate mechanisms of anti-tumor immunity in tumor models and cancer patients. A major focus is the preclinical and clinical development of immunotherapeutic strategies against cancer. Projects include the characterization of the innate and adaptive immunity in human tumors, the analysis of mechanisms of tumor-associated immune cell dysfunction including immmuno-modulatory receptors, and the development of strategies to reinvigorate immune cell function.
Selected publications of our lab and our close collaborations include: Voabil et al, Nat Med 2021; Trueb M et al, JITC 2020; Yu YR et al, Nat. Immunol 2020; Wang et al, Nat. Immunol 2020; Claus et al, Science Transl Med 2019; Trefny et al, Clin Cancer Res 2019; Cheng, Nat. Immunol 2019; Stanczak, J Clin Invest 2018; Thommen, Nat Med 2018
- Ph.D or M.D./Ph.D. in the field of immunology or biomedical sciences
- High interest in immunology, particularly cancer immunology
- Outstanding scientific accomplishments with publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Ability to work independently and as a team player with good communication and writing skills
- A strong background in mouse, preferentially also human, tumor immunology is essential
- Experience in cellular immunology including multidimensional flow cytometry and knowledge in bioinformatics and high-throughput data analysis is desirable
- Manages and contributes to all duties related to scientific research, including experimental study design, planning, incorporating new technologies, execution, analysis and presentation
- The applicant is expected to supervise personnel including students and technical staff with strong leadership skills, and to contribute in writing manuscripts, reports, and grant applications
Application / Contact
- A very active scientific environment in translational cancer immunology and immunotherapy
- A national and international network with numerous academic research projects and industrial collaborations
- State-of-the art facilities and direct access to translational research
- Opportunities to develop a structured academic career
Applications with a full CV, concise statement of research interests and future research goals, publication list, and names of at least two referees should be combined to one pdf file and submitted in electronic form with the subject line "PostDoc in Cancer Immunology" to:Prof. Dr. Alfred Zippelius & Petra Herzig
Laboratory of Cancer Immunology
Department of Biomedicine & Department of Medical Oncology
University Hospital Basel
Submission deadline: 15th December 2021