Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp
The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20 000 students, conduct pioneering scientific research and play an important service-providing role in society. We are one of the largest, most international and most innovative employers in the region. With more than 6000 employees from 100 different countries, we are helping to build tomorrow's world every day. Through top scientific research, we push back boundaries and set a course for the future – a future that you can help to shape.
The Department of Engineering Management in the Faculty of Business and Economics and the department Chemistry & Biochemistry of the Faculty of Applied Engineering is looking for a full-time (100%) doctoral scholarship holder in the field of environmental economics & engineering
- You will work actively on the preparation and defence of a PhD thesis applied economics and/or applied engineering. You will develop a techno-economic and sustainability assessment of advanced biofuel routes in the frame of an ongoing Energy transition fund research project.
- You will publish scientific articles related to the research project.
- You will carry out a limited number of teaching and research support tasks.
- You hold a Master degree in applied economics or (applied) engineering or similar (or you will have obtained it by the time you start work).
- You can demonstrate excellent study results.
- Your teaching competences are in line with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision.
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies.
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
- You are interested in sustainable development and the transition towards a more sustainable society.
- You are interested in clean and environmental technologies.
- You are familiar with techno-economic assessments and the basic concepts of energy and environmental economics.
What we offer
- We offer a doctoral scholarship for a period of 2 years. Following a positive evaluation, the scholarship can be renewed for another 2 years.
- The planned start date is 1 October 2021.
- Your monthly scholarship amount is calculated according to the scholarship amounts for doctoral scholarship holders on the pay scales for Contract Research Staff (Dutch: Bijzonder Academisch Personeel, BAP).
- You will do most of your work at Stadscampus or Campus Groenenborger in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform up to and including 16 May 2021 (by midnight Brussels time). Click on the 'Apply' button, complete the online application form and be sure to include the following attachments: (i) a motivation letter and (ii) your academic CV.
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure. Please make a note of the following dates: 21 May 2021 (interviews).
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to email@example.com. If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact Professor Steven Van Passel or Professor Pieter Billen (Pieter.firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com).
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.