Laboratory of Pharmacokinetics and Metabolomics Analysis of the Institute for Translational Medicine and Biotechnology is looking for a Leading Research Fellow
Education, experience and communication skills
Education: Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry or related fields is required.
- More than two years of experience in biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry supporting the development of biosimilars/therapeutic proteins;
- Extensive expertise in state-of-the-art analytical techniques for biologics product such as HRMS, HPLC/UPLC and CE;
- Experience in peptide mapping, the analytical characterization of a variety of post-translational modifications (PTMs, including: deamidation, oxidation, N-terminal pyroglutamic acid, C-terminal lysine clipping and glycosylation), determination of the positions of disulfide bridges and/or free thiols (sulfhydryl groups);
- Demonstrated scientific and people leadership skills. Experience leading teams of scientists with varying levels of experience is required;
- First author of academic publications or equivalent research reports and proven history of innovation and discovery;
- Established scientific reputation in the relevant field and has managed successful external collaborations;
- Experience with the development and qualification/validation of analytical methods for biologics products;
- Proven record of complex experimental design and execution along with a demonstrated ability to apply appropriate statistical analyses;
- Broad technical expertise and knowledge of diverse laboratory techniques and proven experience training personnel on laboratory techniques and protocols;
10. Experience in defining and implementing analytical control strategies for biological products;
- Experience and knowledge of key regulatory and quality expectations.
Communication Skills: Excellent verbal/written communication skills and the ability to lead cross functional and/or multi-geography teams.
Roles and responsibilities
- Development of LC-MS and HPLC methods and protocols for biosimilar characterization;
- Preparation and running of samples on LC-MS and HPLC for biosimilar characterization;
- Analysis of data using computer software and statistics for biosimilar characterization;
- Molecular weight determination of biopharmaceutical product (Intact Mass measurement);
- Peptide mapping for separation and identification of proteins and post translational analysis;
- Ascertaining N-terminal sequence and C-terminal sequencing of a biopharmaceutical product;
- Amino acid sequence variants of biopharmaceuticals due to DNA mutations and mistranslations during recombinant production;
- Glycosylation studies;
- Perform literature and patent searches to identify the new technologies and the scientific trends;
10. Contribute to the grant funding submissions and establish and manage the external collaborations;
11. Deliver external presentations and publish abstracts and articles;
12. Establish the required internal and external collaborations to successfully execute the projects;
13. May supervise a team of 1 or more laboratory staff.
If you meet the qualities and skills, and have a necessary experience, then we offer you a job on the following conditions:
- Full-time contract for one year with possibility of extension;
- Accommodation on favorable terms at University’s campus;
- Flight reimbursement in economy class from the place of your living to the Sechenov University’s location;
- Reimbursement of Health insurance expenses;
- A salary can be up to RUB150000 after taxes (approximately 2400$) per month depending on your qualifications and scientific performance indicators;
- Support of excellent mentors & professional administration.
The mandatory requirement of employment is to submit in one year of work in the form of publication of papers in peer-reviewed scientific publications indexed by the Web of Science and / or Scopus systems for at least two papers in journals in the first quartile Q1 or with impact factor not less than 2.5 indicating you as a Sechenov University’s employee as a author of the said papers.
We look forward to receiving your online application including a CV, copies of BSc/MSc and PhD transcripts. Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through this online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
For further information please contact Ms Yusifova Samira, at Yusifova_Samira_Eyvaz@Yahoo.com (no applications).
To apply for the position, please send a CV and other documents through the button "Apply for this job".
For more information on all current vacancies, please visit our International Recruitment Platform at: http://ir-sechenov.ru/en/