RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
The Lecturer, Digital Business is expected to contribute to the teaching of the University, in Digital Business discipline related to their field of expertise at Saigon South campus including:
- Make original contributions in teaching and/or scholarship which expand knowledge or practice within the Digital Business area looking at disciplines such as Digital Transformation, Digital Start-ups, Digital Marketing, and Digital Business Development, including: designing, conducting and moderating assessment; implementing improvements informed by course evaluation activities and student feedback.
- Undertake independent professional activities, scholarship and/or conduct high quality research activities appropriate to the profession or discipline including: managing individual projects within timelines and budgets and ensuring compliance with quality and reporting requirements; publishing research results in high quality outlets as lead or co-author; preparing and submitting external research funding applications; and supervising higher degree by research candidates.
- Undertake administration duties, which may include course coordination role, promoting the program, and/or management of a small award program,
- Adhere to the requirements of the Academic Expectations and Development Framework of RMIT Vietnam.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- PhD or equivalent relevant Doctoral qualification.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of the disciplines mentioned above, specifically in Digital Business or Information Systems discipline.
- Make original contributions in teaching and/or scholarship which expand knowledge or practice within the Digital Business area such as Digital Transformation, Digital Start-ups, Business Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain for Business, or Digital Business Development
- Early-career academic with good track of publications.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and teach programs at undergraduate and post-graduate levels and the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials.
- Demonstrated experience or ability to undertake course coordination role.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with and to negotiate sensitively with students especially on issues related to effective learning.
- Emerging track record and recognition for quality research outputs which will contribute to existing Discipline and School research areas evidenced by publications, development of new research initiatives, competitive research funding, and industry links.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise higher degree by research candidates.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, together with a strong commitment to teamwork and multidisciplinary collaboration within and across campuses.
- Ability to build or demonstrate ability to build, successful networks with colleagues and generate alternative funding projects through effective liaison with industry and government.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage varying workloads and respond to changing priorities as required.
- Recent and sustained performance regarding student outcomes, student experience and feedback; combined with experience and skill in a range of teaching settings.
- Ability to display appropriate behaviours in line with the position as per the RMIT Values (Inclusion, Imagination, Agility, Courage, Passion and Impact).
- As an expatriate candidate you will require a work permit to be employed in Vietnam. To qualify for a work permit you will need a PhD qualification and you will need to be able to demonstrate at least 3 years of teaching across relevant subjects in a tertiary education environment.
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS Academic 7.0 and with no band less than 6.5 (or equivalent).
More information can be found at the Academic FAQ and information package documents below.
Academic FAQ's RMIT Vietnam.pdf
NEW Information Pack - Foreign Candidates - Academic.pdf
EXPECTED RESEARCH PROFILE
To be considered for a position at RMIT Vietnam in our School of Business and Management, you will need to be able to meet the following research criteria:
- For candidates with a PhD awarded more than 5 years ago: you will be expected to demonstrate a minimum of 4 peer reviewed journal articles, of which 2 must be ranked as Scimago Q1 or ABDC A*/A and the remaining as Q2/B.
- For candidates with a PhD awarded between the last 3-5 years: you will be expected to demonstrate a minimum of 2-peer reviewed journal articles, of which 1 must be ranked as Q1/A and one at Q2/B.
- For candidates with a PhD awarded within the last 3 years although there is no requirement of peer reviewed journal articles for publication, you will be expected to have a strong research focus and plan for research before joining RMIT Vietnam.
- Highly competitive VND salary (plus allowances) for local candidates or attractive USD salary package (plus benefits) for expatriate candidates depending on proven track record in meeting all the key selection criteria.
- Expatriate candidates: Relocation allowance and flights for dependents. School tuition support of up to US$15,000 per child annually, up to 2 children per family; private health insurance coverage for staff and family; annual health check-up; Work Permit for staff, Visa and temporary resident cards for family members
- Local candidates: 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance (for you and your dependents) + annual health check.
- 20 days annual leave plus 5 days paid leave Xmas closure, plus public holidays and 10 days paid sick leave.
- Support and guidance from experienced Mobility Advisor to assist in work permit and visa application together with relocation to and settling into living and working in Vietnam.
HOW TO APPLY
Please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button. We accept applications throughout the year.
During the application process, you will be asked to upload the documents below. We recommend having them ready when you start.
- Curriculum Vitae/ Resume
- Cover letter
- A copy of your current ID
- Proof of highest qualifications
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency (if any)
- Other supporting documentation (if any)
16th 10 2022 11.59 pm
RMIT University Vietnam (RMIT Vietnam) is a campus of RMIT University. RMIT Vietnam is creating an innovative research, teaching and learning culture. We are committed to providing internationally recognised high-quality education and professional training for our students, clients and members of the community. As an internationally recognised Australian university based in Asia, RMIT Vietnam is assisting in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region.