Contract Type: Open-ended
Location: Lausanne, CH
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Our purpose is “Challenging what is and inspiring what could be, we develop leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.”
To reinforce our team, we are looking for a
Senior Research Writer - Sustainability
The Center for Sustainable and Inclusive Business brings together research, innovation and learning to drive sustainable business transformation. The Center is a global research hub at the forefront of sustainability leadership, where executives and researchers engage to develop business solutions to global challenges.
The Center seeks out diverse viewpoints to explore and share new ideas, best practices, and innovative thinking into corporate sustainability leadership. It leverages IMD’s expertise in applied research and developing global leaders, focusing on the organizational change required for sustainable transformation.
One of the two chairs in the center is the Lundin Sustainability Chair, which is now recruiting a Senior Research Writer.
The primary responsibility of the position is to conduct and communicate research on the topic of sustainable business transformation. A large part of the role will involve interviewing managers and executives about their sustainable business transformation journeys and derive relevant and actionable managerial insights from these interactions. This will involve analyzing the learnings and writing up the results.
An important responsibility will be to translate the research insights into outputs of various forms geared at both academic and practitioner audiences. The assignments could result in a variety of outputs, including toolkits, case studies, journal articles, newspaper and magazine articles, reports, books, interactive guides, videos, podcasts and learning materials that IMD Faculty members will be able to use in IMD programs.
Specifically, we are looking for candidates with experience and expertise in one or more of the following functional areas:
1) ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) Finance & Accounting
2) Sustainability Strategy and Leadership
3) System leadership, Stakeholder Engagement and Partnerships
The Senior Research Writer has a high level of responsibility for driving projects and delivering high quality outputs. The Researcher will work alongside the Lundin Chair and other members of the Center. S/he will be involved in multiple concurrent projects.
The role includes the following key activities:
• Delivering quality outputs in line with Faculty members’ expectations and IMD’s standards.
• Making sure that output is delivered on time.
• Writing case studies, articles, book chapters, reports, learning materials and other relevant types of outputs.
• Providing proactive ideas and suggestions that will lead to new ways of thinking or new ways of presenting research material.
• Building good working relationship with internal clients, primarily Faculty members, professional support departments, as well as external clients such as executives at senior levels of companies involved in a research project (for example, case companies).
• Managing expectations and driving the project throughout the research assignment.
• Business experience (5+ years) in a role requiring analytical, writing, and conceptual skills
• Full fluency in English (written and spoken) at a native level or equivalent, additional language an asset
• Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills
• At ease conducting interviews with senior executives
• Experience writing for executive audiences and/or experience in business journalism
• Strong research skills (data gathering, interviewing, hypothesis building, analysis, use of online sources such as ProQuest, Factiva, etc.)
• Managerial experience, experience in management consulting, international exposure are assets
• Ability to work independently and proactively with minimum supervision
• Strong organizational skills – multiple projects will be running concurrently
• A graduate degree in sustainability, innovation, management, economics or a related discipline incorporating elements of qualitative and quantitative research.
• Demonstrable experience in the field of sustainability (broadly conceived)
• Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research.
• Deadline and results oriented
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to combine theoretical knowledge with practical relevance.
We strongly encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds (gender, ethnic background, nationality). Salary and conditions are competitive and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) by February 3rd 2023 the latest. Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as the review of applications will begin immediately.
If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability (such as dyslexia, sight and/or hearing disabilities, etc) and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please specify it in your application.
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is preferred for this position.
IMD is a Swiss foundation, based on the shores of Lake Geneva in Lausanne, Switzerland, dedicated to the development of international business exec...Besuchen Sie die Arbeitgeberseite