Deadline: December 27th ,2021
The University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland (SUPSI) has opened a position at the Department of Innovative Technologies (DTI) located in the new USI-SUPSI Campus in Lugano-Viganello (Campus Est), in particular at the Institute of Systems and Technologies for Sustainable Production (ISTePS), a full time (100%) position for a researcher in the field of development of decision support software platforms for sustainable production. Contract start date on February 2022 or date to be agreed.
- Performing research activities in the field of decision support tools and software platforms for manufacturing, with a special focus on sustainable production.
- Design, development and documentation of distributed data acquisition, analysis and exchange architectures for Industry 4.0 environments, with specific application focus on sustainability aspects (interfacing with data acquisition systems, CAx, ERP and PLM).
- Design, development and documentation of both desktop and web applications to be used for circular economy and sustainability assessment, sustainable supply chain management and similar topics.
- Coordination of and involvement in applied research activities in the context of nationally and internationally funded competitive projects.
- Interaction with national and international project partnerships.
- Contributing to the setting-up of new national and European research projects.
- Supporting the transfer of research findings to teaching modules.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science Engineering (or equivalent), a Master of Science degree is a preferential requirement.
- Good knowledge in programming and application design.
- Good knowledge in programming languages such as Java and Net.
- Knowledge of frameworks for front-end development (such as React, Angular and similar) and data persistency (such as MySql, PostgreSQL, MongoDB) is a preferential requirement.
- Knowledge of virtualization platforms to manage application deployment (such as Docker, Kubernetes or similar) is a preferential requirement.
- Excellent knowledge of Italian and English. Proficiency in a second national language is a preferential requirement.
- Knowledge of industrial software platforms (such as CAx, ERP and PLM) is a preferential requirement.
- Knowledge of Lifecycle Assessment platforms, databases and tools (e.g. Ecoinvent, OpenLCA, GaBi or similar) is a preferential requirement.
- Good interpersonal skills, attitude to teamwork and good job autonomy in the management of technical and organisational issues is required.
- Excellent interpersonal collaboration and presentation skills in English both with the internal team and with external stakeholders is required.
- Knowledge of the Swiss university system and/or industrial fabric, as well as previous experience in European and national funded research in Switzerland would be an asset.
- A fixed-term employment contract.
- Opportunity to work in a research group including recognized experts in the fields of sustainability, Industry 4.0 and digital twins development, operating in international cooperation networks.
- Attractive salary, in line with Swiss standards.
- An international working environment.
- Possibility of addressing theoretical issues as well as prototypes and industrial solutions.
The requirements for this function are published as part of SUPSI’s internal regulations (Direttive interne SUPSI) and as part of the SUPSI employee regulations (Regolamento del personale SUPSI) on the website www.supsi.ch (follow the links to SUPSI, “Documenti ufficiali”).
For further information, please contact:
Prof. Paolo Pedrazzoli
Applications will be considered only if submitted electronically within December 27th, 2021 through the appropriate form:
Applications that are incomplete, submitted to other addresses, or submitted beyond the deadline, will be not accepted.