The University is looking for qualified and experienced individuals for the below stated positions:
The position is based at BIUST Campus, Palapye.
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
DEPARTMENT OF CHEMICAL, MATERIALS & METALLURGICAL ENGINEERING
1. Senior Lecturer, Materials & Metallurgical Engineering
Main Purpose of the Job
- To teach and educate Undergraduate and Postgraduate students in an academic discipline and to build the knowledge base in a relevant field of the discipline through research and publication.
- To administer teaching activities within the discipline and provide leadership at the module or course level.
- To establish a national reputation in their discipline.
- To be active in professional service related to their discipline.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A PhD degree in Metallurgical Engineering or a related field. Preferred areas are Extractive Metallurgy, Hydrometallurgy and Physical Metallurgy.
- Bachelor degree in Metallurgical Engineering or a related field.
- At least two years post-doctoral experience in teaching and research at a tertiary institution of comparable standard. However, two years post-doctoral relevant industrial/professional experience shall be equivalent to one year teaching experience.
- At least 8 publications in reputable refereed journals. Engagement in projects/services at least on the profession or the community.
- Engagement in projects/services that benefit the University at least one of the following:
The Profession and the Community.
The position require the following competencies/skills:
- Ability to prepare and submit proposals and applications to external bodies, e.g. for funding and accreditation purposes.
- Computer proficiency
- Good knowledge of the academic discipline environment
- Involvement in professional activities where applicable
- Knowledge of Research Methodology
- Understanding of Higher Education environment
- Strong communication skills - to disseminate conceptual and complex ideas to a wide variety of audiences using appropriate media and methods to promote understanding.
- Ability to manage & analyse information
- Ability to supervise research projects and graduate students
- Ability to synthesise information to design learning experiences
The University offers an attractive package, commensurate with qualification and experience.
If you meet the requirements of the above stated position, please send your application letter quoting the reference number above and a detailed Curriculum Vitae including at least two (2) recent professional referees to:
Director, Human Resources at the email address below.
For any further enquiries, you may call Ms. Kgosiemang or Ms. Oleseng @ 4931308
POSITIONS IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED